Sunday, April 19, 2020

Gray Area

We used to hear this phrase, "There's always two sides of the story". But as I grew older, I realised that sometimes there are not only two sides, but more than that. Could be three, four and so on. 

There are some moments in our lives, that we look the world as in black and white. If you not A, then you must be B. When in reality, it doesn't always work like that. There would be always exist the gray area. You could be C, D, E etc right? Usually I always pissed off when I met people that would make stereotype assumptions about me. But actually it's understandable if the person haven't yet know you making those assumptions, because people's tendency to judge or categorized people is somewhat common.

Now, as I grew older, you are the one who exactly know who you are regardless of people's assumptions about you. And that's it all matters. And of course, those who close to you knows your characters more than your acquaintances.

I have this conversation with a friend, asking me what I think about this certain famous figure, are they good or bad? Human is a complex thing. We cannot categorized someone as "good" or "bad" as a definite term. What we can do is when their action is reasonable, we acknowledge it. Same goes when the opposite things happened. 

Even when practicing law, there's a lot of gray areas that can be disputed. There was a JKM officer specifically saying this in a Child's Court, "The law have no heart in it. That's why as a human who practice the law, need to give a human touch in it." This one stuck in my head, until the other DPP pointed out, "But the one who made the law is also human." HAHAHAHA k. k.

Random thoughts during MCO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...