Friday, December 14, 2018

Ice-Cream

One day, I went back from the office and intended to try oden from Family Mart. As I always listening to one of my friends recommended it. Oden is like a Yong Tau Fu’s Japan version, and for me the taste was just an ‘ok’. When I queued and ordered, I was thinking to order the ice-cream together, matcha flavour (green tea). However, having a change of heart, I decided to just order oden.

As I was sitting down alone while eating the oden, on my earphones and scrolling my phone, a few minutes later someone approached me. She wanted to give an extra matcha ice-cream she bought, saying that she bought the extra one for her sister but she didn’t want to eat ice-cream, while pointed out at her sister, who was smiling at me. I hesitated. I offered to pay for the ice-cream but she refused and insist I take it, while mentioned, “It’s okay, it’s seem like it’s your rezeki.”

(Source: google)

I said thank you, took the ice-cream offered and waved to them as they left. And I was thinking, wow, I do get to eat matcha ice-cream today, grateful for the their kind gesture. (Or maybe they pitied me as I was eating alone at the Family Mart’s corner 😂). I’m the lucky one I guess, as there were other people eating there as well.

But actually this incident reminded me to always be grateful, and that sometimes Allah granted me the things that I want. It made me flashback to several incidents in my life, where a situation that I thought maybe I would never got this, but actually I did.

For example when I lost hope whether I can still pursue law after finishing my foundation. I refused to apply for another courses as I was determined to read law during that time. And then I got an offer to pursue law in UNISZA for their second intake. In the mean time I also applied manually to the Dean’s Faculty, for public universities that offer law courses, that are UKM and UUM. When I entered into the orientation in UNISZA, I was thinking that I would never have a chance to practice as a legal practitioner (during this, LPQB had not recognized their law degree). Guess what? A day after the orientation, there was a call from UKM, asking me why I had not come to register for their second intake. I was in shocked, as I did not know that I was being accepted! And the rest is history.. hehe :)

The same thing when I applied for JPA scholarship, when it’s time to check your result in the portal, I was certain that I did not get the offer. My whatsapp’s notifications got crazy from the friends ranted that they all not successful to get the offer from JPA. Some of them even scored a 4 flat pointer but did not manage to get an offer. So leisurely while lying down on my bed, I just opened the portal and checked. The status was “Berjaya”. Abruptly I was in a sitting position. While zoomed the page and read it again and again, afraid that I wrongly read it at the first place. Later I found out that only ten of us from the batch (almost a hundred of students) that had been offered for the scholarship.

As I believe that you should always work hard in everything you do, there are certain things along the way that sometime, you get it through ‘luck’ - at least that is what a certain people would say. But I’m more preferring it not as luck, but ‘rezeki’.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...