Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Progressing

I never realized it until I went back home for Eid celebration that, somehow I still haven't make peace with my past. Certain things that I cannot forgive myself, or certain things that makes me regret of not doing it, or certain things that I blamed somebody else that cause it or certain things or memory that I still clungs to it.

I never thought that maybe, to talk about the things that still disturb me would actually help myself to let go or make peace with my past. And to go to the places that makes me reminisced the old memory. And now I regret of the things caused by the fact that I really want to forget and abandon my past, made me to ignore and not to get in touch with my old friends (high school friends).

Through social media I watch my friends get married, graduated, yada yada.. and I realized how much years had past and seems like everyone has moved on or progressed with their life. I'm also progressing maybe, haha but still haunted by my past. I thought like ignoring it would be the best of it. But no.

Now I'm learning to accept the fact that it's okay to make mistakes. Don't focus too much on you or other people imperfections. Focus on how to improve yourself, now. And the future.

And hello, I'm too old to play tug of war game.

Forever grateful for this year's Ramadan and Eid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...