Friday, September 7, 2018

Rat Race Cycle

I read something on the page of Humans of New York that made me ponder upon my life as general. Whether I am the one who also tries to catch up with the all the things that one should have as the society modeled us to be.



I had graduated last year, now doing my pupillage. Later on maybe will be searching for another stable job. Even now I had friends who had gotten married and produced a few kids already. Maybe the fact that I am still single now, none in my future plans include marriage and kids, yet. However, whenever I see a couple happily stroll in a park or a mall, with their kids around sometimes made me feel such a longing.

Or maybe when I saw someone posted in their instagram about their traveling anywhere around the world made me feel such a longing too. That they have such a time and money to take a vacation while I myself stuck doing whatever I am doing now. I just hope that this kind of things would not bother me much, so I distant myself from social media for a few moments. Except to read the news.

I know that things sometimes would be difficult. And we should always strive. I love a post that I read from Wani Ardy's blog, her words still ringing in my head and heart.

"See, that's the thing. The fact that we don't get everything, shows that we've got something. Hope, my friend, is a privilege. The ability to want something, is a privilege. The possibility of getting what we want, is a privilege."

I realized that I should always appreciate the small things in life that would make my days better. Maybe when I see a rainbow after the rain stop. Or sipping into a good coffee and having a tasty dessert like chocolate brownies or pavlova (or anything chocolate, yum!). Or maybe the smell of the rain, or a sunset. Appreciate the small things. Like the good parents and family members that always there whenever you reach them. And the good friends around you.

May I would not fall into doing something just because everyone is doing it. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...