Wednesday, November 1, 2017

One Chapter Completed

Alhamdulillah, I had just graduated on 29th October 2017. It marks a new beginning to the chapter of my life. Having a law degree, but still hesitate whether to practice as a lawyer or not. That's another story that I think will have another moment to share about.






Five years in law school, that comprises one year of foundation in law in UiTM Shah Alam and four years degree in UKM, teached me a lot of things. A bittersweet memories that i will clung into for the rest of my life, hopefully.

It is not a smooth journey for me. I can't remember why i chose law at the first place after SPM. Maybe because the fact that I was fascinated during our school visit to the Faculty of Law and Shariah in USIM back then. 

I love the foundation years in UiTM. Met a lot of lovely companions that teach me a lot of things about life. It made me realized that indeed I love to read law and decided to pursue my degree in it too. My aim was definitely either UM or UKM. But I strongly wants to pursue my study at UKM.

Unfortunately, during my second semester I failed on one subject; Introduction to Economy. It made my final results wouldn't be sent to the UPU system. However I still get the interview from UKM. My lecturer said that the interview was based on my first semester result, that's why my name was listed to the interview. But still, because my second semester result was being held, I would not get into any university that I applied on the UPU. 

I need to take up the preliminary exam to repeat my failed paper, but the highest grade they will give me was just a pass; C. If I want to get an A's, I need to extend a semester, which of course I did not chose the latter. And I can enter into uni in September, just the same as other friends but I can only pursue my study in UiTM.

I managed to pass the paper, it still made my core subjects cgpa to 3.67. As my lecturer warned earlier, when the UPU results came out, I didn't get an offer. Refused to listen to her, I appealed (rayuan) on the UPU, and guess what? I got an offer to pursue Law from UnisZa for second intake. It surprised me because my lecturer said even though I appealed through UPU, I still wouldn't get an offer from any uni.

On the side notes, at that time I applied for JPA and also send several letters to the Dean's Faculty of Law in UKM, UUM and also UniSZA for second intake. UniSZA told me that the offer was from the UPU, not because the letter that I send them.

During my last day of orientation at UniSZA, I felt a little forlorn, because at that time UniSZA's Law degree was not recognized by the LPQB, so I cannot practice to be a lawyer. 

At the last day of orientation, I got a call. Guess what? It's from Faculty of Law UKM!! I was so excited that I had been accepted for their second intake, just from the effort that I wrote an appeal formal letter to the dean, alhamdulillah.

And praise to Him too, that I also got a scholarship from JPA. I mean, I didn't even got a 4 flat for foundation, but alhamdulillah the rezeki was on me.

But yeah life was not all flowers and rainbows lol. As soon as I went to UKM, I'm quiet lost. It was so different from the foundation years. The lecturers were strict and not really approachable. And my friends from my foundation had already formed a group, that I'm not included in it because I was the second intake student; the timetable for the elective subjects and also tutorials were different. So we estranged. 

And yeah some of them even talked to my face that I managed to get into UKM because of a cable. They didn't trust the real story I told them then be it. Lol cable? My parents were a nobody, we didn't have connections here or anywhere.

At that time, I felt such a loss. I'm not interested to pursue law anymore. In fact, the things that we learned during foundation was like only 1/10 of the degree phase. 

And then I met my other foundation friend, but she's a Political Science 's student. We have this conversation about her course, and I even went to her replacement class one day at night, and I became interested. I decided to change my course into Political Science.

But yeah, unfortunately when the time came up to tell my father about my decision, (during my brother's wedding), my father proudly presented me to his friends as "future lawyer". I never thought that he was proud of me of the field that I chose to pursue. Because my father supports everything that I chose moderately.

So I decided to just bear with it, and hey during my second year of law school was not quite bad. It regained back my interest to read law. 

And yeah here I am now, alhamdulillah graduated with Bachelor of Laws with Honours. It's not a smooth journey, but hey it's worth it. Fight for what you want to do. Alas you will regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...